The construction of the Intake Dam in Barangay Namaltugan and the 1 kilometer length Intake Tunnel started in 1920. On October 21, 1922 the National Irrigation Administration opened its extension office in Sudipen with the late Engineer Martines as the first Irrigation Engineer. Both the dam and the tunnel were completed in 1925 and water flowed from the works in 1926.
In 1935, the National Road Transversing the Municipality of Sudipen was reconstructed and cemented.
Following the massive infrastructure works was the construction of the Mini-Hydro Electric Power Plant by the National Power Corporation in Barangay Turod, with Enginer Acacio as its first Electrical Engineer. This project started in 1953 and was completed in 1956.
Preparatory to the proposed public market, the municipal government purchased from Rosa dela Peña the Market site in 1981. Legal transfer to the Municipal Government was made in February 1982 by virtue of an Affidavit of Adjudication with sale.